Who We Are

Based in Victoria BC, we are a mixed group of dice-rolling gamers. As a group we try to encourage all types of interactive games and hobbies as an expressive way to enjoy ourselves.

We do it for the fun of it.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Daily Lope 05

Now that GottaCon is over (I miss it too), plots and plans begin to form. The first is Warchallenge, the first Warmachine/Hordes Rabbit Hole event. As far as I know, there are 5-6 hobbyists who are taking up the challenge, I wish them all the best of luck, I can't wait to see what they come up with.

But I also hear people say things like, "I don't want to buy all the books, stacks of boxes, and/or learn a new game." I sympathize, I play Imperial Guard. But, at the risk of sounding like a commercial, Privateer Press basically gives away the rules. Don't get me wrong, the books are amazing with both stunning art and involved stories, but not necessary for basic play. Battlegroups have a 'starter rules' booklet, and every blister/box has a stat card (or more) included.

And you don't need that many models (but I will get into that on another Daily).
If 40k is your thing, and you like to play games, we will be starting a campaign. On Sunday, Feb 20, come over (with an army, say 1000 points) and we can discuss politics, cartography and experience. If we can 'create' four different zones/worlds/warzones, (such as Hive Tempestus, Daemon World, ?catland?)...

ok, my brain just stopped, until next round,
Ricalope.

No comments:

Post a Comment