Who We Are

Based in Victoria BC, we are a mixed group of dice-rolling gamers. As a group we try to encourage all types of interactive games and hobbies as an expressive way to enjoy ourselves.

We do it for the fun of it.

Monday, February 7, 2011

From the Field 03: The End.

It seems that all good things come to an end. Sadly, due to my brain exploding, I did not get too many pictures from Sunday. But here is a shot of Jason Dyer's Inquisition defending Death Mountain. His with-hunters are a very nice looking army, and combined with being an excellent player, I'm sure it stayed in Imperial hands.
As far as my games went, the Unassyn took down many marines but failed to take any victories. The first game was against the Ultramarines, a very enjoyable game with a great player, and a high body count. The second game of the day saw my Eldar fighting Chaos Marines, a game that saw more wacky dice rolls than the rest of the weekend. The farseer exploded first turn, the autarch called it quits mid game and went home, my guardians charged berserkers and killed them, and the war walkers failed to shoot down a defiler (killing it in close combat). There was much wtfing and laughter.

The Rabbit Hole had an amazing presence, we were everywhere. Our trademark "guerrilla" zombies!!! games (we had 2!) Dezzy (aka Flink) rocked the cosplay, she was featured on Check TV (as well as me and the Iron Hands player). Fester, my hive tyrant, took third place in the large model category (I was told that the necrosurgeon and black legion terminators caused arguments amongst the judges). Swimming Eagle, Andrew and myself tore it up in 40k. But the most props go Samalander, winning best overall in the 40k tournament!

I was constantly being complimented on the terrain we supplied, and I wanted to pass them along to everybody who comes down and helps out with it, we supplied 12 tables! There was even talk of the Rabbit Hole assisting with a tournament on the mainland, keep your eyes peeled...

It was good to see old friends, make new ones and have head explody fun. So...when is the next one?

Ricalope.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly my Inquisition forces were vanquished by the heretical "Jade" Marines (with their obscene graffiti!).
    Terrain was great Ric, and I'm glad Paul switch me over so I could play on the table. See you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or sooner I hope. our rematch is overdue!
    thanks for the props!

    ReplyDelete